Last weekend I was looking for Thanksgiving table decorations on Pinterest. I came across these fabulous utensil holders from The Idea Room. I decided to use their idea, but put an eco-friendly spin on it by using a recycled cardboard box instead of cardstock.
What You Will Need:
1. A recycled cardboard box
2. A stapler
How To Do It:
1. Take a part your cardboard box.
2. Cut a long rectangle like so:
3. Then, fold the rectangle in half.
4. Staple the sides of your rectangle. You could sew the sides of the rectangle like The Idea Room did, but I’m not great at sewing!
5. Now it’s time to decorate your holder! I simply used markers to decorate mine, but you could use recycled paper as well. I loved The Idea Room’s striped design, so I did something similar.
Doesn’t it look cute next to my paper pumpkin? What are you making for your Thanksgiving table decorations?
Looking for more Thanksgiving ideas? Check these out:
- Pumpkin Napkin Ring Holder
- Recycled Paper Pumpkins
- Top 7 Posts About Ideas for a Green Thanksgiving
- How To Have a Green Holiday