10 Ways to Upcycle Old Books
1. Smash Book – Mod out an old book into a keepsake to remember special occasions or important times in your life. Think of it as an extreme upcycling version of a scrapbook!
2. Book Page Wreath – Use the pages from old books to make beautiful wreaths! You could add holiday-specific adornments to make this work for any holiday!
3. Picture Frame – Old books make beautiful picture frames! A cluster of these on a table or mantle would look just lovely.
4. Paper Pumpkins – Feeling Halloweeny? Turn an old book into a cute paper pumpkin!
5. Table Numbers – If you’re planning a wedding or other large shindig with lots of tables, you can use chalkboard paint to turn old books into beautiful table numbers.
6. Shelves – My friend Jeanee at Finely Crafted shared a peek into our friend Sarah Lodato’s house, and I love, love, love her floating shelves made from vintage hardcover books!
7. Book Light – If you’re a little bit tech-savvy, you can turn an old book into a nice, ambient light.
8. Easier Book Light – This DIY book lamp from Instructables uses a requires less technical savvy. To make it as energy efficient as possible, go for LED Christmas lights.
10. Planter – You don’t have to stash a gadget in a cut out hardcover. Turn it into a sweet planter for succulents instead!
Have you guys made anything fun from old books? Share your favorite upcycled book crafts in the comments!
Image Credit: Smash Book photo by Julie Finn and Book Shelves photo by Jeanee Ledoux