If you’re looking for a colorful planter that will spruce up your porch or patio, I have an awesome project for you!
What You Will Need:
1. A metal tin like the one I used in the popcorn tin trash can project. I found mine at a thrift store.
2. Spray paint. Spray paint isn’t the greenest crafting supply, so opt for a low VOC paint, if you can.
3. A plant
4. Drill or hammer/nail
5. Chalkboard paint
7. Painter’s tape
8. Recycled newspaper or other recycled paper
How To Do It:
1. Clean your metal tin.
2. Spray paint the tin. Remember, several light coats will give you the best results. One heavy coat can give you drips in the paint! Before moving on to the next step, I would recommend letting your tin dry for 24 hours, otherwise your painter’s tape may peel off the paint when you do the chalkboard section (I know this because it happened to me).
3. Tape off a section of your tin with your painter’s tape– this will become the chalkboard area. Then, add newspaper or recycled paper around the edges to prevent over-spray.
4. Spray the area with your chalkboard paint.
5. Once your tin is dry, drill a few holes in the bottom of your tin (this will allow water to escape your tin). If you don’t have a drill, use a hammer and nail to make the holes.
Follow the directions on your chalkboard spray paint can as far as cure time and writing on the chalkboard goes. Then, write your favorite phrase! Add a plant and your planter is ready to go! I put mine on an old chair that I turned into a plant holder.
2 CommentsLeave a Reply
Oh my gosh, soooo cute!!! I love it!
Pingback:8 Clever Ideas To Upcycle Popcorn Tins | Intelligent Domestications