Got a great idea for an upcycled design?
Want $500 and an UncommonGoods vendor contract?
Check out the UncommonGoods 2013 Upcycle Design Challenge!
To play, you’ll need the following:
- A Great Idea for a Great Upcycled Product. Your design can consist of anything under the sun, but it must be an expressive, compelling, individual work.
- The Proper Materials. Be unique, be upcycled, and don’t include leather, lead, pearls, or feathers. Especially consider materials that you don’t often see upcycled, or materials that you can use in a very, very new way.
- Photos (and Even Video!). If you love to craft, you should know (or at least be learning) how to take fantastic product photos. You can choose to submit just a single item, or allow the UncommonGoods team to view an entire portfolio of your work (see below for how this latter option is extra beneficial). Have a beautifully-designed web site or online portfolio? Now is the time to really show it off! If you have more than five images to submit, you can choose to instead submit a link that your online work.
The prizes, too, are pretty awesome! You could receive:
- $500. More money means more craft supplies!
- An UncommonGoods vendor agreement. New to wholesale and vendor agreements? Check out the other articles under our Running a Crafty Business tab to catch up.
- Critiques and marketing tips. Want to maybe market your upcycled product on your own? This will get you started! All the runners-up for the contest win critiques from the guest judges, and marketing and business tips from the UncommonGoods’ marketing team.
- An UncommonGoods vendor agreement even if you don’t win! Submit your full portfolio as part of the contest, and the UncommonGoods’ buying team will review it for possible inclusion in their web site.
The deadline to enter the UncommonGoods Upcycle Design Challenge is September 30, 2013, so get busy!
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:» Giveaways-September 17, 2013