This week on Pinterest, I came across a really adorable scrap book paper tree from Two Girls Being Crafty (via Everyday Mom Ideas). I loved the concept, so I decided to turn it into a completely upcycled project by using reclaimed sheet music instead of scrap book paper!
What You Will Need:
1. Sheet music. I used the same sheet music that I used for my Sheet Music Bottle, Recycled Paper Mother’s Day Brooch, and Music Wall Art. You could also use other recycled paper like newspaper, magazines, etc.
4. Hot glue gun/hot glue
5. Jar or vase. I used an old jar that I had on hand.
How To Do It:
1. Go outside and find some sticks! This would be a great activity for your children to do so they can feel a part of the project. Put the sticks in your jar and trim them according to the height you would like.
2. Draw leaves onto your sheet music.
3. Then, cut them out. Make sure you cut out various sizes. I asked my roommates to help me draw them so that they were random.
4. Hot glue your leaves onto your sticks. Keep turning your vase/jar of sticks so that you don’t miss any spots.
You’re finished! Now you can put your sheet music tree as a decoration on a dresser/side table or you can use it as a centerpiece. I could even see this as a centerpiece at a rustic or shabby chic wedding if you added something to the jar!