Searching for Fourth of July crafts that are simple but oh-so-adorable? We have the perfect project for you — a recycled paper plant flag!
Do you remember my recycled paper plant flag for Mother’s Day? Well, I took that idea and transformed it into a fun patriotic craft for the Fourth of July! I wanted to create several plant flags for the plants on my front porch. Rather than buying new flags, I created my own from recycled materials! This project is so easy to make and you can even get your children involved. Keep reading to learn how to make your own Fourth of July plant flag!
What You Will Need:
1. Recycled paper. I used a book page, but you could use newspaper or sheet music, too.
2. A stick
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. A ruler
6. A pencil
How To Do It:
1. With a pencil and a ruler, draw an American flag on your recycled paper.
2. Color it! I attempted to make 50 stars and color around them, but I failed horribly, so I colored that area in entirely. If you’re an artist (as I am not), feel free to make the stars! You could also get your children involved by having them color the flag.
3. Cut it out! Make sure you leave extra paper on the left side of the flag (so you can attach it to the stick in step 5).
4. Find a small stick outside. You will want it to be a relatively straight stick so that your flag stands up straight. Again, this would be a great step to get your kids involved. Encourage them to find the perfect stick!
5. Wrap the extra paper side of your flag around the stick and hot glue it into place like so:
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:25 Fourth of July DIY Craft Projects - Holiday Central