Wedding season is approaching and Valentine’s Day is around the corner (which means proposals and newly engaged couples). Now’s the time to start planning and crafty DIY brides to be are brainstorming for fab ideas for decor and wedding accessories.
Here are a few ideas for eco and DIY wedding dcorations for a garden or rustic theme outdoor wedding.
A great way to be eco and DIY with a garden or rustic style outdoor wedding is to think outside the wedding box and look to traditional and old fashioned garden decor and even garden tools like wheelbarrows, wagons, watering cans, and buckets.
These can all easily be transformed into quirky wedding decor.
Try these ideas:
- Have your flower girl carry an old fashioned watering can instead of a basket.
- Use old vegetable baskets (like bushel barrels you see at the farmer’s market-only smaller) or small metal buckets (think old milking pails) as centerpieces for your tables. Fill them with flowers or the metal buckets with floating candles or floating flower heads.
- Grab an old wheelbarrow and transform it into a fabulous place for guests to deposit your gifts. Then you can just wheel it out- presents and all after the wedding. No wheelbarrow? How about an old wagon.
- Old mailboxes make perfect card receptacles. A bit of sanding and a fresh coat of paint might be all they need to become something unique and gorgeous for your wedding.
- Thirfted terra cotta flower pots filled with plants or flowers make great centerpieces- or scale them down to mini pots for growing favors to give to your guests. If you don’t like the traditional terra cotta color give them a quick and easy coat of paint to match your wedding colors.
- Big garden items like trellises and arbors are always welcome wedding decor and if you purchase one for the wedding- you can reuse them in your newlywed yard and garden.
- The same goes for any other garden related item – they can serve double duty by being reused after the wedding in your home or garden.
Start planning early to find a great collection of rustic garden theme wedding items perfect for both your wedding and your garden. Hit up flea markets, architectural salvage yards, antique stores, and yard and garage sales. You just never know where you’ll find the perfect treasure.
5 CommentsLeave a Reply