Looking for movie night ideas to make movie night extra special? Make your own popcorn tub from an old milk (or soy milk) carton!
Cool winter nights are perfect for kicking back and watching a good movie – right from the comfort of your own sofa. And while I believe any flick by a warm fire makes for a good night, popcorn is the real key! Sure, popcorn in a regular bowl is fine. But make things even more special by crafting up some DIY popcorn tubs.
You can use leftover movie tickets for this project – you know, the ones you find in your jacket pockets. If you don’t have any leftover tickets, ask your local movie theater for a bunch. (If they give you grief, guilt them into it by explaining how important it is to recycle…and craft…and save the planet!) Or you can pick up cute carnival-like tickets at the craft store. Either way, this project is loads of fun and I suggest you make a few of them because everyone is going to want their own for the next movie night.
Movie Night Ideas: Make a DIY Popcorn Tub
- Milk/soy milk carton
- Ticket stubs
- Foam brush
Putting it together
- Measure 6 inches from the bottom of your milk carton and mark with a pen.
- At the 6 inch mark, cut away the remaining top part of the carton.
- Cover one side of your carton with glue.
- Add your tickets stubs. A random pattern is fun. But do whatever makes you happy.
- Smooth down the edges of your ticket stubs with your fingers.
- Once you’ve covered the entire side of the carton with stubs, let the glue dry for a few minutes. Then repeat this process for the other three sides.
- When everything is dry, coat all four sides with a thin layer of glue.
- Line your carton with wax or tissue paper and fill with popcorn.
- Enjoy the show!
Looking for more movie night ideas? You’ll need some delicious popcorn recipes for this DIY popcorn tub, right? How does cinnamon popcorn sound? Or maybe Parmesan popcorn? YUMMERS! Check out these awesomely creative munchies from Eat Drink Better!