Rather than buying your pup clothes from big box stores, make your own DIY dog clothes like this no sew dog scarf!
If making clothes for your dog is wrong, I don’t want to be right! In all seriousness, though, I might become one of those crazy dog ladies after making this scarf for my pup! I refuse to pay lots of money at big box stores for dog clothes, so my little pup rarely gets to wear a cute sweater or Halloween costume. Finally, I decided it was time to DIY her something adorable, so I made this simple no sew dog scarf!
What You Will Need:
1. Recycled felt. You can also felt an old sweater if you have one on hand.
3. A safety pin or button and thread
How To Do It:
1. Cut your recycled felt into a long rectangle. Make sure you make it long enough to fit loosely around your dog’s neck. If you plan on adding a button to the scarf, leave even more room to fasten the button together at the ends.
2. Cut the ends of the felt like so:
3. I don’t plan for my pup to wear this scarf all of the time, so I simply wrapped it around her and attached it with a safety pin at the ends (carefully, of course). If you’re feeling brave, you could sew a button on one end and make a button hole on the other end (yes, even sewing a button is brave to this no-sew girl).
My heart melted when I saw her in the scarf– doesn’t she look so sophisticated?
If you’re interested in other DIY dog ideas, check these out:
- 10 Recycled Crafts for Your Dogs
- Healthy Dog Treat Guide
- DIY Dog Treat Canister
- How To: Make a Dog Bed From Reclaimed Bedding