DIY Diaper Bag Zipper Pull Labels
Bust your stash and create some cute, custom zipper pulls for your kiddo’s diaper bag!
- recycled felt scraps
- our Diaper Pull Templates (pdf)
- fabric glue
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- 3 ribbon scraps that are at least 10″ long
- 2 small safety pins (optional)
1. Print out the Diaper Pull Templates. If you want to save paper, print these onto the back of junk mail. You’re just going to use these to trace your design, so this doesn’t have to be a clean, pristine situation.
2. You’ll need to cut more than one of some of these out of your felt, so read this step carefully. The bottle template is meant to be cut into 3 pieces, and you only need to cut those three pieces out once. Cut two of the bottle backing, the diaper shape, and the onesie shape.
3. Take your pieces of ribbon, and fold each one in half to form a loop. Pin your two bottle backings together, pinning one of your ribbon loops in between the two rectangles. Use your machine or hand-sew all the way around the backing.
4. Repeat step 3 with the two diapers and two onesies that you cut out. If you want, you can finish off the diaper label by adding the small safety pins.
5. Glue your bottle pieces onto your bottle backing. Let the glue dry completely. I also decided to add a heart to my onesie pull using tiny felt scraps. If you want to add a design to your onesie, cut it out and glue it on.
6. To attach your pulls to your diaper bag zippers, feed the ribbon through the hole on your bag’s zipper pull, then feed the felt label through the loop. Tug gently to secure it in place.