Do you have a stack of gift cards in your wallet thanks to Christmas? Once you finish spending, recycle your gift card into amazing DIY crafts!
I don’t know about you, but I received a ton of gift cards for Christmas. It seems that gift cards are becoming more and more popular every year– they’re easy to buy and the recipient can choose their own perfect gift. While gift cards are convenient, all of the plastic that goes into making them are not-so-eco-friendly (there are few “green” plastic cards). Instead of trashing the cards after spending, recycle them! You can also use credit cards (be careful with your personal information, though) and other plastic cards like hotel keys and store reward cards. Here are 33 incredible ways you can repurpose them:
Jewelry and Accessories
3. DIY Earring Holder from Old Gift Cards
7. Make Your Own Guitar Picks (If you don’t have a Pick Punch you can try this DIY guitar pick tutorial, too.)
10. Gift Card Chevron Earrings
11. Geometric Triangle Necklace from Gift Cards
14. Turn Old Credit Cards into Earbud Holders
15. Plastic Paper Clips from Recycled Gift Cards
Home and Garden
16. Use a Gift Card as an Ice Scraper
18. Mosaic Art Made out of Gift Cards
21. Coffee Table Revamp with Gift Card Tiles
22. Gift Card Mini Art Paintings
26. Credit Card Flower Box Fridge Magnet
27. Mosaic Picture Frame from Gift Cards
29. Gift Card Wine Glass Charms
30. Chalkboard Reusable Gift Tags from Old Gift Cards
31. Painting with Credit Cards (this is a great craft activity for children!)
33. Gift Card Notebook (Instead of using new paper, though, make a notebook out of junk mail.)
Which project was your favorite? Do you have any other recycled plastic card projects? Share them with us in the comment section below– we would love to pin them to our Pinterest boards!
[Photo credit: Credit Cards via Shutterstock]
8 CommentsLeave a Reply
Thank you so much for listing me in your list, although I wish you would’ve let me know about it first.
Lady Lavender’s Expressions
Lady Lavender, I’m sorry I didn’t let you know. Normally we ask for permission if your personal photo is used, but not for text links. I’m sorry!
Oops, I didn’t mean for it to sound like it was a big problem. It’s actually pretty exciting. It’s practically my first “feature”. I’ve had some minor problems with suspicious activity to my blog and I just wasn’t sure of the intent of this post since I had no knowledge of it until I suddenly got traffic from this site to my mine. I’m sorry for making it seem like it was a big deal. Thanks again for featuring my tutorial! 🙂
Thanks for adding my reusable gift tags from old gift cards tutorial. Very much appreciated 🙂
I have many many unused gift cards with no value. They weren’t purchased. I want to sell them.
guitar picks from credit cards has the added bonus of being grippy between fingers b/c of the raised letters on card. different thickness of cards also provides the variety of guitar picks you would find at a music store. thanks for the idea.
2 Pings & Trackbacks
Pingback:DIY Valentine's Day Resources | Care2 Healthy Living
Pingback:10 Gift Card Hacks You Have to Try! - Gift Cards