Make these 5-minute DIY Thanksgiving centerpieces that will make your holiday table extra special. And good news…there’s beer involved!
Brown beer bottles make the perfect centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table! Yes – I’m totally serious. And you only need a few simple and cheap craft supplies to make them holiday-worthy. This is a 5-minute Thanksgiving craft that’s worth your time!
DIY Thanksgiving Centerpieces
- Beer bottles (3-12)
- Ribbon (2 sizes. 1 1/2 inches and 1/4 inch ribbon)
- Foam board or leftover craft paper
- Hot glue
- Wood letters that spell “THANKSGIVING”
If you don’t have many beer bottles, you can also spell out “THANKS” or “THANX”. You can even do “THX” if you have a small table.
1. Remove the labels from your beer bottles and give them a good wash. Beer labels are generally easy to remove. Just fill them with hot water, let them sit for a few minutes, and then peel off the label.
2. Cut enough ribbon so that it wraps around the base of your beer bottle. Repeat this step for as many bottles as you plan to use. I used a 1 1/2 inch ribbon for the base and a 1/4 inch ribbon for the neck.
3. With tape, secure the ribbons to your bottles.
4. Find some old craft paper or foam board and cut out some shapes. Make sure the shapes are big enough for your letters to fit onto. These shapes will be the background to your letters.
5. Hot glue the wooden letters to the craft paper shapes.
6. Attach the letters to the beer bottles with hot glue.
7. Fill with autumn flowers like mums and hydrangeas.
8. Arrange the bottles on your table so they spell THANKSGIVING.
- After Thanksgiving, you can easily remove the ribbon and decorations so that you can recycle the beer bottles. You can also put the wooden letters back into your craft supply box.
- This display would also look great on a mantle.
- Want to be extra fancy? Use candles instead of flowers. Remember to fill the beer bottles with sand or rocks to weigh them down. We don’t want any fires on Thanksgiving!