There are so many ways to reuse old jeans! Grab some scissors, pull out the sewing machine, and let’s do some upcycling.
Here in Atlanta, the weather has been weirdly spring-like, and it’s got spring cleaning on my mind a little bit early this year. Last week, my husband cleaned out his dresser and closet and found a few old pairs of jeans that are past their prime. If you’ve got some old jeans that are ready for a new life, get them broken down for crafting and try some of these fun ways to reuse old jeans!
1. Make a Skirt – Turning jeans into a skirt is nothing new, but I love the vibrant colors and pretty edging that Julie uses in her design.
2. Make a Backpack – Whether you’re getting your kid ready for back-to-school or summer camp, you can save some cash a new backpack with this video tute.
3. Make Shoes for Kids in Need – Cut your old jeans into pattern pieces, and the amazing team at Sole Hope will turn them into shoes for kids that need them.
4. Stencil Them – Cover up stains and faded spots on your favorite pair of old jeans with a little strategic stencil work.
5. Make a Clutch – This cute jeans-to-clutch tutorial could not be simpler, and the results are super cute!
6. Make a Picnic Blanket – Denim is durable, and it’s perfect for making a pretty and functional picnic blanket.
7. Make a Work Apron – This is kind of a switcheroo – the back pockets of your old jeans become the front pockets of this simple, functional work apron that’s perfect for craft markets.
8. Make a Portable Car Game for Your Kids – You use your jeans to make the track and the portable tote for this cute kids’ game!
9. Make Some Bibs – These bibs are a perfect sewing project for beginners, and they make a great baby shower gift.
10. Make a Hexagon Pillow – This tutorial uses a few pairs of jeans to create an ombre effect. The result looks totally store-bought!
11. Make a Pouf – This is another project that’s perfect if you have a collection of old jeans that you’re looking to reuse.
12. Make a Fabric Basket – This cute little basket is perfect for stashing sewing notions, knickknacks, or other little items that you need to wrangle.
13. Make a Camera Cozy – Keep your new camera safe with a denim cozy made from an old pair of jeans.
14. Make a Stuffed Whale – This sweet whale stuffie is such a cute way to reuse old jeans!