Published on April 19th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell1
10 Earth Day Ideas for Children!
6. Become an artist and create your own Mod Podged Hand Trees. Kalleen’s blog, At Second Street, teaches us how to construct these beauties! She traced her children’s hands to form the trunk of the tree and used fabric scraps to make the leaves. You could also get creative and use recycled items for the leaves instead of fabric!
7. Make one of the projects from the Spring Crafts for Kids post. There are 5 unique ideas such as a DIY windchime and toilet paper roll butterflies.
8. Color with your own Earth Day Crayons. Using our Upcycled Crayons post, take your old, broken crayons and give them new life! If you want to make them look more like the earth, use green and blue crayons only like Nothing But Country did!
9. Make a Bird Feeder. No Time for Flashcards took an average milk carton and turned it into something extraordinary– an awesome bird feeder! Click on over to her site to see how to make your own!
10. Create Colorful Recycled Art. Erin at Laugh, Paint, Create shared a cool post on how to create art from everyday items like cardboard food boxes, lids, straws, and bottle caps. As you can see, she created beautiful flowers and insects from those items. I love how colorful they are!
Which one will you try first? Let us know on our facebook wall or in the comment section below! Also, if you make an original Earth Day project and would like to be featured on our site, link up your project to our Green Crafts Showcase!
[Photo credits (in order of appearance): Mod Podged Hand Trees via At Second Street, used with permission; Bird Feeder via No Time for Flashcards, used with permission; Recycled Art via Laugh, Paint, Create, used with permission.]