Published on May 16th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell4
How To: Make Wine Cork Earrings
Remember when I told you that I had a huge bag of wine corks in the Wine Corks to Wall Art tutorial? Well, inspiration struck again and I decided to create wine cork earrings!
What You Will Need:
1. One wine cork
2. A knife with a serrated blade
3. A permanent marker
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. Earring backs (you can find these at your local craft store in the jewelry section)
How To Do It:
1. With your serrated knife, cut your cork into thin slices.
2. Draw your own art on the cork slices. I drew hearts because that’s basically the extent of my drawing skills.
3. Turn the corks over and hot glue the earring backs to the cork. I glued mine towards the top of the corks.
When the hot glue has dried, you’re ready to wear them! Wasn’t that simple? They have such a natural and unique look. All your friends will ask you to make some for them, too!
Looking for more cork projects? Take a look at these tutorials:
- Wine Cork Magnets
- Wine Cork Plant Markers via Eat Drink Better
- Upcycling with Cork, Wine Glass Charm via The Green Divas
- 8+ Ways to Recycle Wine Corks Creatively via Sustainablog
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!