Published on April 11th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
How To: Spruce Up an Old Jewelry Box
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been doing some spring cleaning. I went through my thrift stash this week and found this adorable jewelry box. I liked it to begin with, but I wanted to spruce it up a bit. Here’s how you can spruce up your own jewelry box!
What You Will Need:
1. An old jewelry box
2. Paint and paint brush. Remember, paint isn’t the greenest craft supply, so opt for a low VOC paint if you can.
3. Recycled paper. I used sheet music.
5. A pencil
6. A ruler
How To Do It:
1. Clean your jewelry box.
2. Paint it! I painted mine black, except for the cute design on the top. Remember to paint the inside as well! It’s looking better already, right?
3. With your ruler, measure the inside of your jewelry box.
4. Draw your measurements on the recycled paper. Then, cut it out.
5. Insert your recycled paper into the jewelry box. If you want it to be permanent, you can glue it down with eco-glue. I simply fit mine tightly into the top and bottom because I might want to change it out in the future.
Instead of buying a new jewelry box, I redid my current one to match my style. I’m definitely going to keep my upcycled watch into bracelet inside, but now I feel inspired to fill it with some cute eco-jewelry or even these DIY jewelry projects!
What items could you customize in your spring cleaning stash? Share your ideas in the comment section below or on our Facebook page!