Published on February 15th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Upcycle an Embroidery Hoop into Colorful Wall Art!
I have quite a collection of embroidery hoops, and I’ve done projects like Embroidery Hoop Easter Eggs and Embroidery Hoop Pumpkins. Even so, I bought more embroidery hoops at a garage sale in order to make colorful wall art pieces for my craft booth. Here’s the first one that I came up with:
What You Will Need:
1. An embroidery hoop
2. Two types of fabric. I used yellow and brown fabrics that I found at a garage sale.
4. A pen or pencil
5. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Put your fabric inside your embroidery hoop like so:
2. Cut off any excess fabric.
3. With your contrasting fabric, write the phrase or word you would like to put on your wall art. I used a pencil, but you might want to use a pen or marker so that you can see it better.
(Helpful hint: I am awful at writing bubble letters, so I used the same technique that I used in my Quick and Eco-Friendly Christmas Gift post. I traced “sing” on a scrap piece of paper, cut it out, and then traced it onto the fabric.)
4. Cut out your letters.
5. Hot glue your letters to the fabric inside of your embroidery hoop. Be sure to spread out the glue the best that you can, otherwise you’ll be able to see the lumps.
Isn’t it colorful, cheery, and inspiring? What would you put on your embroidery hoop wall art? What other embellishments would you add? Share your ideas with me!