Fall decorations have hit stores! While it’s tempting to buy those cute plastic pumpkins and other decorations from big box stores, they are far from eco-friendly. Instead, use what you have in your craft stash! I had embroidery hoops and orange fabric, so I decided to transform them into my own precious pumpkins!
What You Will Need:
1. Embroidery hoops.
2. Orange fabric. I used fabric that a friend gave to me. Check out our fab fabrics section for eco-friendly fabric options!
4. Cardboard. I used a cardboard box from a package.
5. Black marker
6. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Put your orange fabric into your embroidery hoops.
2. Cut off any excess fabric. Your embroidery hoops should look like this:
3. Using your cardboard, cut out the stems of the pumpkins!
4. Hot glue the stems to your embroidery hoops. I glued mine to the metal part that opens and closes the embroidery hoop. I also added a small piece of green pipe cleaner for the “stem” of the pumpkin. Here’s what your pumpkins should look like so far:
5. You can leave your pumpkins like that, or you can add faces like I did. All you have to do is draw the faces on cardboard, cut them out, and color them black with your marker. Then, hot glue them to your fabric.
Aren’t they adorable? I especially love the one with the mustache (courtesy of my roommate)! How would you decorate your pumpkins? I would love to hear your ideas, so share them on our Facebook wall or in the comment section below!
2 CommentsLeave a Reply
2 Pings & Trackbacks
Pingback:Crafting a Green World | Recycled Paper Pumpkins! | Page: 1 | Crafting a Green World
Pingback:Crafting a Green World | Embroidery Hoop Spider Web! | Page: 1 | Crafting a Green World