Published on June 29th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell1
How To: T-Shirt Wall Art
As my roommate went through her old clothes this week, she could not let go of one particular shirt. She loved the graphic, but she had outgrown the shirt. A previous post, Reader Tip: T-Shirt as Art, came to mind and I made this adorable wall art for her! If you have old t-shirts that you can no longer wear, but want to keep, this is the perfect project for you!
What You Will Need:
1. An old t-shirt
3. A picture frame. Instead of buying a new frame, visit your local thrift stores or garage sales! You can find some awesome frames for really great prices!
How To Do It:
1. Lay out your t-shirt and place the glass from your picture frame over the part of the graphic you would like to cut. If you use a larger frame, you could use the entire graphic. However, we had a smaller frame so we only used part of the graphic.
2. Cut that portion of the graphic out. It doesn’t have to be perfect (as you can tell).
3. Place your t-shirt inside your frame and then put your frame back together.
Wasn’t that easy? This is such a simple project and is perfect for that t-shirt that holds too many memories to donate or give away! This would even be cute for children’s clothes! For example, if your son was on a sports team, you could use his old sports t-shirts to decorate his room. What t-shirts would you use? Share your ideas on our facebook wall or in the comment section below! Also, if you have other t-shirt ideas, share them in our Green Crafts Showcase!
Looking for more t-shirt ideas? Check out these posts:
- Memorable Ways to Repurpose Old T-Shirts
- Crafting with T-Shirt Sleeves
- Make a T-Shirt Skirt
- Sew a Child’s Skirt from an Adult T-Shirt
- New Year Cleaning: 5 Projects for Your Old T-Shirts