Published on July 29th, 2009 | by Becky Striepe1
The Crafty Cookout
We’re officially in the thick of summer, and that means cookouts and BBQs galore! Here are some crafty ideas to fancy up your next cookout and divert some trash from the bin all at the same time!
- Give your setup a little pizazz with a sweet bouquet displayed in a reused wine or beer bottle. (pictured above)
- Nothing dresses up the table at a summer cookout like a bright, cheery oilcloth on the table. Rather than picking up a cloth coated with petroleum products, why not try your hand at making your own, real oil cloth?
- Tote those condiments in style with this sixpack caddy from Design*Sponge.
- Bitey critters are pretty much garaunteed when you’re eating outside. You can keep those pests at bay with home made insect repellents from Care2.
- Adorn your back yard with a sweet fabric scrap banner.
- Looking for a great grilling recipe? Check out these rosemary skewers from Food Network! Rather than using store-bought wooden skewers, you spear those veggies on large rosemary sticks.
What are your favorite DIY tricks for getting your grill on?