So, it’s two weeks in to the April Stash Bust. Is it getting harder not to stray to the store for that potentially must have doodad to finish off your project?
Don’t do it!
You’re all creative people and I’m sure you can find creative solutions to your crafty problems. Don’t have enough buttons for your plush creation? Why not make some knobs out of yarn? Don’t have the right length for a zipper? But maybe you have some long lost Velcro tape? Or maybe you’re running low on paint. It’s the perfect time to try making your own colors.
The probabilities are endless and you’d be amazed at what you can reuse and recreate to suite your needs.
The Flickr pool is also jumping with amazing and creative reuse projects. Remember you only have until April 22, Earth Day to enter the contest. To be eligible for entry, make sure to describe your project and how you reused what is in your stash without any newly purchased materials or supplies.
Need a little boost to help keep you going for the month? Check out these great links filled with tutorials, interviews and inspiration:
- Recreate an unwanted skirt into a fun handbag.
- Need something pretty smelling for your intimates? How about a sachet made from fabric scraps and packaged with reused plastic?
- Got some fat quarters and ric-rac floating about (who doesn’t!)? These cute napkins help use up those odds and ends.
- Here’s a creative way to reuse your scraps for packaging.
- Elsage shares her reasons for reusing materials to create new and funky accessories.
- ReBicyclist also shares the how and why of his great product line.
Such great projects and inspiration. We’ll be having some of our own stash busting tutorials later this month so stay tuned and stay strong! Together we can make it to the end and the big reward will be a cleaned out stash, amazingly creative projects and a big ol’ sense of accomplishment.