Published on March 21st, 2017 | by Becky Striepe2
9 Ways to Reuse Cardboard Food Containers
Raid your recycle bin, because there are lots of cool ways to reuse cardboard food containers!
Even if you cook most of your family’s meals from scratch, chances are you end up with cardboard food containers. Maybe you cracked open a box of crackers for a party or really wanted cookies, but didn’t want to make them from scratch just this once. Don’t toss that empty in the recycle bin! Here are some fun ways to reuse cardboard food containers instead.
Ways to Reuse Cardboard Food Containers
1. Make Postcards – Cardboard food containers are the perfect weight for making mailable postcards. Julie shows you how to craft your postcards, so you can mail them using a USPS postage stamp.
2. Organize Embroidery Floss – Pizza boxes, cereal boxes, and other cardboard food containers are just right for cutting down into embroidery floss spools. No more tangles for you!
3. Seasonal Decor – Old cereal boxes are just the right sign for making Bonnie’s cute Fall sign. Of course, you could also make ones that say Spring, Summer, or Winter – celebrate your favorite season!
4. Easter Wreath – This cute, lightweight wreath uses an old pizza box as the base. No foam wreath form required!
5. Travel Journal – Cereal boxes and other cardboard food containers make the perfect cover for your homemade journal.
6. Fabric Folder – A cereal box is the perfect base for this cute, no-sew fabric-covered folder. Get organized in style, y’all!
7. Hanging Wall File – Turn an old cereal box into a hanging wall file to organize all of your school or work papers.
8. Hair Clip – This is a great way to reuse scraps from the other projects on this list. Make a cute little heart-shaped hair clip!
9. Magazine Organizer – Wrangle your magazine collection with this cute, simple cereal box craft idea!
Do you have any favorite ways to reuse cardboard food boxes? Share your favorite project ideas in the comments!