Looking to sew some summer sun hats? Check out this list of my favorite patterns and tutorials for all ages and sizes!
12 Sun Hats to Sew
1. reversible bucket hat. I am obsessed with reversible hats! This free pattern is for kids only, but I’ve seen a few valiant crafters successfully alter it or enlarge it for their grown-up heads.
2. how to draft a hat pattern. Use this template and tutorial to make a custom hat for everyone! I especially like the crown template, since it’s oval instead of circular.
3. sun or rain hat. Depending on the fabric, you can make this hat waterproof or just sun-proof. How about a waterproof side and a sun-proof side?
4. broad-rimmed sun hat. If you’re looking for a fancier hat, this tute includes fancy edging and ribbon made from complementary fabric.
5. baby sun hat. This one has a chin strap to keep it stuck on little heads. It would make a great baby shower gift!
6. how to wire the brim of a sun hat. If it’s REALLY important to you that your sun hat’s brim not flop, here’s how to wire it. What you lose in washability you gain in having a brim that won’t flop into your eyes.
7. crocheted sun hat. You don’t have to sew to make a sun hat!
8. tulip petal sun hat. This is another cute hat for little ones, with a brim shaped like a flower.
9. shirred sun hat. Elastic thread is a good way to make sure the hat doesn’t fly off in the first wind.
10. Martha Stewart’s reversible sun hat. Here’s another reversible sun hat pattern, this time with sizes from children to adults.
11. kid’s sun cap. The style of this hat is more like a baseball cap than a sun hat.
12. crocheted baby sun hat. Match it to the crocheted adult hat, above.
One CommentLeave a Reply
I love that hat in the picture! I must make one!