A few months ago, I came across this altered window shutter and fell in love. I finally found some shutters at a thrift store so I could make my own altered shutters– with an eco-friendly twist, of course!
What You Will Need:
1. A shutter
2. Recycled paper. I used sheet music.
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. Small clothespins
How To Do It:
1. Spray paint the shutter the color of your choice. Remember, you don’ t have to paint the middle part perfectly because it will be covered with paper.
2. Measure the slats on your shutter. Then, cut your recycled paper accordingly.
3. Hot glue the paper to the slats. Make sure you distribute the glue evenly so there aren’t any bumps.
4. After the hot glue has dried, you’re ready to add your memos! I used tiny clothespins to hold mine, but you could use whatever you have on hand. I like to use junk mail envelopes for my memos just like the Junk Mail Notebook tutorial.
Wouldn’t this be adorable on a desk or even in the kitchen to hold recipes? It could also be a a unique display for a craft booth or store!