Do you remember my Recycled Paper Mother’s Day Brooch from last year? This year, I decided to put a different spin on it by making it look like a ribbon! A handmade brooch is a great way to make your mom or grandma feel special on a day that celebrates who she is and what she means to you! Here’s how you can make your own:
What You Will Need:
1. Book pages or other recycled paper
3. A permanent marker
5. School glue. If you can, use eco-glue.
6. Hot glue/hot glue gun
7. A brooch pin. You can find these at your local craft store.
How To Do It:
1. Draw and cut out a large circle on your book pages. Then, draw and cut out a circle that is slightly smaller like so:
2. Draw and cut out the “ribbons.”
3. Color the pieces the color of your choice. I left the smaller circle white.
4. Write “#1 mom” or another phrase on the smaller circle.
5. Glue it all together.
6. When it has dried, hot glue the brooch pin to the back of the paper.