If you’re feeling a little bit sandals-shy this year, treat your feet with this magical 2-ingredient foot scrub. You’ll see results in as little as a week!
Related: Make Your Own Face Scrubs for Any Skin Type!
Winter was extra rough on my feet this year for some reason. Usually, I am eager to ditch my boots in favor of summer sandals, but this year my feet were in bad shape. This super simple, 2-ingredient food scrub fixed me up in under a week. Here’s how to make it and how to make it work.
2-Ingredient Magical Foot Scrub
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil (or coconut oil)
1. In a small, wide-mouth mason jar or old jam jar, mix together the sugar and oil.
2. Once a day, after bathing, use clean fingers to scoop a generous amount of scrub, and massage it into your feet really well. Focus on the heels, the sides of your feet, and any other spots with unsightly rough patches.
3. Pat your feet dry
4. Put on a pair of socks, if you can. This helps your feet absorb any of the nourishing oil that’s left on them.
After a week, this foot scrub has already transformed my feet. I’m all footloose and fancy free now. Bring on the cute sandals, y’all.
Foot Scrub Notes
- The scrub will keep for a week, so definitely stick to small batches.
- You can totally use this scrub on your hands, knees, and elbows, too. A fun side effect to using this foot scrub is that my hands look great.
- If you’re an essential oils person, go to town! A few drops of lavender, peppermint, or Texas cedar oil are all nice in this scrub. Just mix well, and you’re good to go. If you’re also prone to athlete’s foot, go for tea tree oil. There’s some evidence that tea tree kills the fungus that causes it!