What is it about babies that makes us want to shower them with gifts? I can’t resist cute baby things, but my inner green crafter tsks at those consumerist impulses. When I can I try to make things for my little guy instead of buying, and I bet that I’m not the only crafter that does that! Need some ideas for DIY baby toys to keep your kiddo entertained without hurting the planet? Try some of these tutorials!
DIY Baby Toys from Organic & Recycled Materials
1. Toy Log Softie that Rattles
2. Bunny Crinkle Toy + printable template
3. Soft Rattle Blocks for Baby
4. Stuffies Made from Old Baby Clothing
11. Cereal Box Lift-the-Flap Toy
12. Sensory Toy from an Old Wipes Container
13. Baby Sock Bunnies and Chicks
14. Sweater Scrap Balls and Blocks
15. Printed Scrap Ribbon Tag Toys
16. Mini Fabric Scrap Plush Alphabet
17. Turn a Thrift Store Board Book into a Personalized Baby Board Book
18. DIY Activity Board (choose scrap wood!)
19. T-Shirt Softies
There’s one last baby toy that I couldn’t justify numbering on this list, but I also couldn’t bear to leave out: the cardboard box. My son loves climbing in and out of a cardboard box, throwing it, and pushing it around the room. It’s basically the best DIY baby toy ever.
Have you made any fun upcycled baby toys? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!
Image Credit: baby photo via Shutterstock. All other photos via Crafting a Green World