Published on May 7th, 2011 | by Wenona Napolitano0
It’s National Remodeling Month
I do have a couple of projects on my to-do list but they’re going to have to wait like repainting and decorating my living room and bedroom. But now that’s it’s finally warming up, my remodeling ideas are looking to outside living spaces such as creating outdoor living spaces. I would love a patio with a fire pit. I can dream, right?
What’s on your to-do list? Do you have anything planned for Remodeling month? Will it be a green remodel? If you’re looking for tips for green remodeling here are a couple websites full of advice and resources:
- Green Home has links and resources for green home building and remodeling.
- Build It Greenis for the professional builder or contractor but DIY’ers can also find useful advice on green building and remodeling by searching through the site.
- Inhabitat offers 5 Tips for Green Remodeling from eco-architect Sarah Susanka.
If none of the sites have what you need, you can find eco remodeling books online or at your local library. Here are three good choices for researching green home improvements:
- Natural Remodeling for the Not-So-Green House: Bringing Your Home into Harmony with Nature (Natural Home & Garden)
- Practical Green Remodeling: Down-to-Earth Solutions for Everyday Homes
- Green Remodeling: Changing the World One Room at a Time