Published on May 24th, 2016 | by Becky Striepe0
14 Amazing DIY Scrub Recipes for EVERYTHING
Cold, dry winter weather is finally starting to roll out. Did your skin take a beating like mine did? After months of chilly wind and dry air, chances are your skin needs a little bit of TLC to get ready for summer. And we’ve got DIY scrub recipes to exfoliate and moisturize you from your head to your toes. Let’s get scrubbing!
Sure, you can buy scrubs from the store, but homemade scrubs tend to cost less. They also don’t contain polluting plastic microbeads. A win all around!
14 DIY Scrub Recipes
I’ve broken these out by body part, so you can easily find the DIY scrub recipes that you need.
1. Foot Scrub – This 2-ingredient scrub is super easy to make and totally transformed my feet from dry and scratchy to summer-ready. It works great on both
2. Lemon Coconut Foot Scrub – Rich coconut oil and antiseptic lemon are a great combo for healing winter-worn feet.
3. Warming Face Scrub – This is a lovely, soothing scrub to do just before bed.
4. All Natural Tomato Scrub – Tomatoes are acidic, so this oil-free DIY scrub recipe is a great one to use if you’re prone to breakouts.
5. Oatmeal Face Scrub – This is another great face scrub recipe for sensitive skin.
6. Mint Sugar Lip Scrub – If your lips are dry and chapped, this scrub can help them heal!
7. Soothing Lip Scrub – For sensitive skin, this soothing scrub softens lips without irritation.
8. Peppermint Patty Lip Scrub – This scrub is good enough to eat! But don’t. Just use it for soft, kissable lips.
9. Rice and Coconut Face Scrub – Rice flour and rice starch are the secret ingredients in this family scrub recipe.
10. Argan Oil Scrub – Argan oil is excellent for your skin, and you’re going to love this scrub recipe!
11. Brown Sugar Body Scrub – This is my go-to recipe for a cheap, easy DIY body scrub. It works on everything!
12. Minty Mocha Scrub – Wake up your body with this caffienated scrubby goodness!
13. Matcha Mint Body Scrub – All the power of matcha in a hard-working DIY scrub recipe.
14. Soothing Pit Scrub – OK, so this isn’t about recovering from winter, but this DIY pit scrub will make your natural deodorants last a lot longer in the thick of summer.