Published on September 17th, 2013 | by Julie Finn0
How do I Re-use T-shirts: T-shirt Crafts that You Can Wear
T-shirts are made to be worn!
If you’ve got a beloved T-shirt that doesn’t fit well anymore, you don’t always want to turn it into wall art or a quilt or a coaster. Sometimes you just want to upcycle your T-shirt into something ELSE that you can wear!
Before you take the scissors to that pile of screen-printed jersey knit, check out this master list of T-shirt crafts that you can wear–there are T-shirt mods for your top, T-shirt mods for your bottom (ahem…), T-shirt mods for kids, but all of it is just the way that T-shirts are meant to be.
T-shirt Crafts that You can Wear on Top
- take in a too-large T-shirt–You can turn an XL T-shirt into a medium with two seams.
- enlarging a T-shirt–They go the other way, too!
- alter the neckline on a T-shirt–It gives an ordinary T-shirt a whole new look.
- ruffled neckline on a T-shirt–It’s even fancier!
- self-binding T-shirt neckline–Sometimes you like your shirts to look tidy.
- tank top–Turn a T-shirt into a tank top.
T-shirt Crafts that You can Wear on Bottom
T-shirt Crafts that You can Wear as Accessories
- neckerchief-style T-shirt scarf–It’s a T-shirt that keeps your neck warm!
- braided T-shirt bracelets–It uses up all the tiny little scrippy-scraps.
T-shirt Crafts that Kids Can Wear
- Sew Pretty T-Shirt Dresses Review–It’s a whole book of kid-friendly T-shirt mods!
- T-shirt sun dress–You don’t even have to hem it.
- Lil Blue Boo Recycled T-shirt Dress Pattern Review–Make kid-sized dresses by piecing together old T-shirts.
- pieced T-shirt dress–The secret trick to this tutorial is to make your own funky fabrics using rubber stamps.
- kid-sized capri shorts–These shorts are made from the body of a T-shirt.
- ruffled kid T-shirt skirt–You can match or mis-match the layers, depending on how you roll.
- more kid-sized shorts–These shorts are made from the T-shirt’s sleeves!
- mini T-shirt skirt–It’s like the adult version, but smaller.