Published on September 17th, 2013 | by Julie Finn0
How do I Re-use T-shirts: T-shirt Crafts that You Can Wear
T-shirts are made to be worn!
If you’ve got a beloved T-shirt that doesn’t fit well anymore, you don’t always want to turn it into wall art or a quilt or a coaster. Sometimes you just want to upcycle your T-shirt into something ELSE that you can wear!
Before you take the scissors to that pile of screen-printed jersey knit, check out this master list of T-shirt crafts that you can wear–there are T-shirt mods for your top, T-shirt mods for your bottom (ahem…), T-shirt mods for kids, but all of it is just the way that T-shirts are meant to be.
T-shirt Crafts that You can Wear on Top
- take in a too-large T-shirt–You can turn an XL T-shirt into a medium with two seams.
- enlarging a T-shirt–They go the other way, too!
- alter the neckline on a T-shirt–It gives an ordinary T-shirt a whole new look.
- ruffled neckline on a T-shirt–It’s even fancier!
- self-binding T-shirt neckline–Sometimes you like your shirts to look tidy.
- tank top–Turn a T-shirt into a tank top.
T-shirt Crafts that You can Wear on Bottom
T-shirt Crafts that You can Wear as Accessories
- neckerchief-style T-shirt scarf–It’s a T-shirt that keeps your neck warm!
- braided T-shirt bracelets–It uses up all the tiny little scrippy-scraps.
T-shirt Crafts that Kids Can Wear
- Sew Pretty T-Shirt Dresses Review–It’s a whole book of kid-friendly T-shirt mods!
- T-shirt sun dress–You don’t even have to hem it.
- Lil Blue Boo Recycled T-shirt Dress Pattern Review–Make kid-sized dresses by piecing together old T-shirts.
- pieced T-shirt dress–The secret trick to this tutorial is to make your own funky fabrics using rubber stamps.
- kid-sized capri shorts–These shorts are made from the body of a T-shirt.
- ruffled kid T-shirt skirt–You can match or mis-match the layers, depending on how you roll.
- more kid-sized shorts–These shorts are made from the T-shirt’s sleeves!
- mini T-shirt skirt–It’s like the adult version, but smaller.
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!