Published on April 19th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
How To: “Scrapbook” Coffee Table
I love giving furniture multiple purposes while giving it a unique look. This week, I transformed a coffee table into a display for some of my souvenirs and memories from Thailand. Instead of tucking your memories into a scrapbook, turn your coffee table into a “scrapbook” that is viewed daily!
What You Will Need:
1. A coffee table with glass (if your coffee table doesn’t have have a piece of glass on top, you can get one cut to size at most hardware stores).
2. Your “scrapbook” items– pictures, tickets, postcards, etc.
How To Do It:
1. Remove the glass from your table.
2. Arrange your scrapbook items on the surface of the table. I displayed Thai money, postcards, flyers and business cards from the places I visited, and my plane tickets. You could also place pictures on the table as well!
3. Carefully place your glass back on the table.
Now you have a gorgeous coffee table that is functional and a conversation starter! What would you put on your scrapbook coffee table?
Looking for more furniture projects? Check these out:
- How To: DIY Scrap Fabric Pulls
- Painting Furniture: The White Washed Cabinet
- Painting Furniture: Shabby Chic Coffee Table
- How To: Reupholstering a Chair Seat
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!