Published on October 14th, 2010 | by Kilduff Kolleen6
How-to: Recycled Paper Envelopes
Often when I need cards, I find myself making them from paper and scraps of supplies I have around my office instead of purchasing them. But for some reason I usually purchase envelopes for these cards. I have plenty of paper that usually gets put in the recycle bin, and I wondered why I was buying more paper in the form of an envelope? So I worked up a template to make easy envelopes from a standard size piece of paper, therefore envelopes can me made from most magazines that would usually be placed in the recycling bin.
- 2-3 pieces of magazine or newspaper approx. 8.5” x 11”
- Scissors and/or exacto knife
- Paper glue
- Printer (to print templates)
- Bonefolder or butter knife
1. Download the Envelopetemplate and print it out full size (a scale has been placed on each jpg to help with printing at the correct proportions).