Fabrics

Published on November 10th, 2009 | by Becky Striepe

Fab Fabrics: Indian Summer Collection from Betz White

Did you dig her Family Cottage collection? Get ready to fall for Betz White’s new Indian Summer line of eco fabrics!

The beautiful designs in warm colors are printed on 100% organic cotton 4.5 oz sateen. As with all of her fabric, the Indian Summer line is

…professionally printed here in the US. The digital printing process utilizes water-based, non-toxic pigment dyes and minimizes waste and water consumption. Heat and pressure are used to finish the fabric instead of harsh chemicals. I’ve chosen to print on demand, in an effort to prevent fabric waste.

I’m particularly in love with the Mulberry Sprig design:

Betz describes her inspiration for the new collection:

Inspired by the season, I’ve colored my organic print line in a rich palette of Indian Summer. Brilliant Goldenrod, Bittersweet, Orchid and Moss are grounded by Chocolate Brown.

You can really get a feel for the vibrant palette in designs like this sweet floral:

Aren’t these just lovely? I think some yardage from the Indian Summer line would be perfect for sewing projects like handmade gifts or maybe something to treat yourself!

All images via Betz White on Etsy. Used with permission.

Tags: , , , ,

My name is Becky Striepe (rhymes with “sleepy”), and I am a crafts and food writer from Atlanta, Georgia with a passion for making our planet a healthier, happier, and more compassionate place to live. My mission is to make vegan food and crafts accessible to everyone!. If you like my work, you can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and .

8 Responses to Fab Fabrics: Indian Summer Collection from Betz White

1. Cerise says:

These are lovely but yikes on the price. $56/yd!? Who can afford that? I expect to pay more for my organic fabric, but that’s just beyond sanity no matter how lovely it looks.

2. Cerise says:

3. Pat Foster says:

These prints are divine – I would love to see it made up into a bag (or similar).

4. Pat Foster says:

5. adesola says:

I really love these. How can I make orders from Nigeria?

6. adesola says:

I really love these. How can I make orders from Nigeria?