Fabrics Scrap Bundle from scrapecochic.etsy.com

Published on October 20th, 2009 | by Becky Striepe

Fab Fabrics: Scrap Ecochic

We’ve talked about the awesomeness of crafting with fabric scraps before, but not everyone has a shamefully stuffed scrap bin like the one in my craft room. If you’re not a hoarder of fabric scraps but still want to get your craft on, don’t fret! Etsy seller Scrap Ecochic has you covered!

Scrap Ecochic proprietress Jessica says:

I have always been aware of the impact of reducing, reusing and recycling but only recently have I made it my goal to do away with my personal footprint on this earth. So this shop is my way of showing that you can create gorgeous goodies using the three R (reduce, reuse, recycle).

I couldn’t agree more!

Her scrap bundles are so beautifully put together. I’m loving the color combinations she’s chosen. If you’re looking for other sorts of notions, Scrap Ecochic has a selection of beautiful vintage lace and trim! She’s also got some lovely packs of upholstery samples and fabric scraps in her other Etsy shop: Earth Cookie Creations.

Ready to get sewing? Here are a few scrap sewing projects to get you started:

Got any other fun scrap fabric ideas? We’d love to hear them in the comments!

Image Credits: All photos courtesy of Scrap Ecochic, used with permission.

Tags: , , , , , ,

My name is Becky Striepe (rhymes with “sleepy”), and I am a crafts and food writer from Atlanta, Georgia with a passion for making our planet a healthier, happier, and more compassionate place to live. My mission is to make vegan food and crafts accessible to everyone!. If you like my work, you can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and .

7 Responses to Fab Fabrics: Scrap Ecochic

1. Jessica says:

Love it!!! Thanks again!

2. Alice Wilson says:

Great ideas for those scraps that I never know what to do with! I work with ReadyMade magazine and you may also be interested in some of their unique ideas for <a href=”http://www.readymade.com/search diy”
    projects.

3. Stephanie says:

I looooove fabric crafts! Something about textures and colors and creativity all intertwined.

4. Bunny Safari says:

Well, I have discovered a new addiction to sewing with vintage fabrics and I can’t stop making BUNTING (also know as flags). I have been giving them away for parties and decorating festivals with them. There are a few photos on my blog.
    Cheers!

5. Mel says:

I love using various scraps (especially vintage).
    I have some small fabric scraps I plan to work into a collage.

6. Bunny – YES! I’ve also got a bunting obsession!

7. amy says:

i am getting so inspired by what i see and read!