We’re looking for passionate writers to contribute to Crafting A Green World. We’re currently looking for:
- Format: How-to & instructional posts
- Format: Guides & “Introduction to [topic]” posts
- Format: Curated posts or resource pages
- Topic: Green supply sourcing (yarn, bath and body, etc.)
- Topic: Slow design
- Topic: Safe crafting
- Topic: Craftivism
- Topic: Upcycling
- Open to other topics and formats – let us know what you’re thinking!
If you’re interested, please read the contributor guidelines below, take a look at our writer’s guidelines, and then fill out the Writer Application form.
Our writers typically fall into two categories:
1 – Writing For Us Because You Love Writing & Crafts:
For writers that contribute occasionally and aren’t promoting a product or business, we offer a $25 bounty for accepted blog posts.
We also have a limited number of slots for ongoing writers that we pay on a monthly basis – usually these spots are reserved for writers we’ve worked with a number of times in the past.
2 – Guest Posting For Us Because You’re Promoting Something:
If you’re looking to write a guest post for us, and don’t want to be paid but instead you want to include links to something you’re promoting, then we have really high-quality standards for accepting that type of work.
This generally applies to the following types of writers:
- You own/work for a company and are blogging to promote it.
- You run a blog that sells ebooks, courses, services, or other revenue other than banner ads.
- You work with a marketing agency and are promoting a client.
To be specific, it should be better writing than the stuff we’re normally producing for our readers, and your biases and any conflicts of interest need to be reasonably well disclosed.
What Makes A Great Post On Crafting A Green World:
Please read other people’s guidelines on quality guest posting to get a better idea of what makes an excellent post. In general we want to see the following from guest posts:
- Be Thorough – Our best posts are 1000 to 2000 words or longer, or 500+ words with lots of original photos.
- Make it Educational – please don’t pitch your product here.
- Make it Practical & Applicable – make it relevant for our readers and include lots of useful tips.
- Show, Don’t Tell – include unique or custom images that haven’t been used elsewhere, video, or other multimedia.
- Write Clearly – use a tool like Hemingway App if you’re not a professional writer (most of us aren’t).
- Prove It – use lots of cited and helpful resources, including other content on Insteading and elsewhere on the web
- Relevant To Your Expertise – write about topics that you have direct experience with – please don’t submit a post on how to cut a wine bottle in half if you’ve never actually done it.
You can read more on our writer’s guidelines here.