Instead of buying a generic plastic bucket for your child’s Halloween candy, why not create your own? Not only is making your own a fun experience, but it’s way more eco-friendly!
What You Will Need:
1. A shoe box
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. Junk mail envelopes
6. A Pencil
How To Do It:
1. Find pages in your magazines that are dark in color and tear/cut them out. Then, cut your pages into strips.
2. Hot glue or tape your magazine strips to your shoe box. You could also use school glue (or eco-glue), but I like hot glue because it dries quickly.
3. Carefully take apart the lid of the shoe box and cut off a piece of it. This will become the handle of your bucket.
4. Cover your handle with your magazine strips. Then, hot glue it to the sides of the shoe box.
5. With your junk mail envelopes, write out the phrase you would like to put on your bucket. I choose “boo!” but you could also write “Trick or treat,” or your child’s name.
6. Hot glue your letters to your shoe box.
Now you have a totally adorable trick-or-treat bucket! Who would you make this for? Your child, classroom, home? Share your ideas with us!
Looking for more eco-friendly Halloween ideas? Check these out:
- Five Handmade Trick or Treat Bags
- Green Tips for a Recycled Halloween
- DIY Halloween is Greener, Kinder
- Say “Boo!” to Waste This Halloween!
- 5 Ways to Reuse Your Jack-O-Lantern