Do you have an old pair of sunglasses that you don’t want to throw away? Transform them into a unique art piece for your home!
What You Will Need:
1. A pair of old sunglasses. If you don’t have an old pair, you can easily find some at a thrift store or garage sale.
2. Recycled paper. I used sheet music, but you could use book pages or newspaper as well.
3. Glue. If you can, use eco-glue!
4. A pencil
How To Do It:
1. Carefully pop out the lenses of the sunglasses.
2. Trace the lenses on your recycled paper.
3. Then, cut them out. I left a little excess paper around the edge to make sure it was large enough to cover the lens.
4. Write your favorite quote, phrase, or lyric on each of the paper lenses.
5. Glue the paper to the lenses. You might have a few wrinkles, but that just gives it character!
6. Once the glue has dried, cut off the excess paper and put your lenses back into the sunglasses.
Now you can place your artistic sunglasses on a shelf (pictured below) or on a desk (pictured at the top).
One CommentLeave a Reply
Great idea! I just broke a pair of sunglasses, and I couldn’t think of any way to re-use them… I could see this being a cute birthday gift or decoration for a children’s room… or a birthday party display for a beach-themed party. Thanks for the suggestion!