There are plenty of luminary jar tutorials out there, but many of them use new materials rather than recycling what you already have on hand. You can make your own pumpkin luminary jars for Halloween using recycled jars and book pages! They are so simple, yet insanely adorable!
What You Will Need:
1. A recycled jar
2. Book pages or other recycled paper
4. Orange Crayon
5. Black marker
6. Glue or tape (you could even use eco-glue!)
How To Do It:
1. Tear out your book page and cut it to the size of your jar.
2. With your black marker, draw your pumpkin “face” onto your book page.
3. Color your book page orange.
4. Cut out the face portion of your pumpkin.
5. Attach your book page to the recycled jar. You can glue it on like I did with the Fall Jars tutorial, or you can simply tape it on.
Wasn’t that incredibly simple? Now, you just place a candle inside and your luminary is ready to go! You could even make your own rolled beeswax tealight candle to put inside!
2 CommentsLeave a Reply
Could you do this with newspaper I wonder?