This week I was researching some ideas for a wedding shower that I’m hosting at the end of this month. The shower is for one of my friends that I’ve known since pre-school, so I really want it to be special (after all, I am the maid of honor). I came across this beautiful dessert table set up from Hostess With the Mostess and I thought, “I bet I could make that with recycled materials!” I couldn’t get the idea out of my head, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try with magazine pages! There are many different ways to make rosettes, but my favorite way I’ve found so far is this fabulous tutorial from Sweet and Sour Showers. It even has pictures, so if you get confused, please refer to it (I followed her tutorial step-by-step).
What You Will Need:
1. Any type of paper you would like to recycle. For example, you could use magazines, book pages, sheet music, or newspaper. I used a magazine.
How To Do It:
1. Cut or tear out your magazine pages. I chose pages that had a blue hue to them so it matched a little bit.
2. Fold your paper back and forth (some call this “accordion style”).
3. Fold your accordion in half like so:
4. Tape it together.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 with two other magazine pages. They should look like this when you’re done:
6. Tape them all together.
Optional: Add embellishments. I decided to hot glue some cute yellow buttons to the middle. You could put a smaller rosette in the middle if you would like as well. Get creative!
Wasn’t that super simple? It’s such a cute way to add a pop of color, personality, and texture to a blank space! Where would you put your recycled rosettes? I think I’m going to use sheet music for the wedding shower because the bride and groom are into music! Share your ideas on our facebook wall or in the comment section below!