Have you accidentally become a collector of ugly magnets like the ones below? I saw these on the fridge this week and was determined to make them pretty instead of throwing them away. After looking through my craft kit, I decided I would upcycle some of my old paint chips and give a makeover to my ugly magnets!
What You Will Need:
1. Ugly magnets. I obviously got one of mine through a mail out from Direct TV and I can’t remember what the other one was from.
2. Paint chips
3. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Cut the tops off of your paint chips. You don’t necessarily have to do this, but I like to remember what colors I used for certain projects. Your paint chips will go from this:
2. Hot glue one of your paint chips to your magnet. This color will become the background color– for me it was grey.
3. Cut out a sun shape like so:
4. Cut little pieces out of your paint chips. I used two tones so it would add a bit of dimension to the sun.
5. If you want to, you can leave it like that, or you can write, “You are my sunshine” like I did.
For the smaller magnet, I repeated the same process and put the yellow paint chip as the background. Then, I cut out letters from a magazine that formed the words, “To Do.”
They’re so much prettier than before, right? What magnets could you makeover? Share your ideas on our facebook wall or in the comment section below– I love hearing your feedback!
Looking for other magnet projects? Check these out:
- Bird’s Nest Magnets from Bottle Caps
- Clothespin Magnets
- Alphabet Magnets
- Recycled Bottle Cap Magnets
- Magnetic Pin Holder