Last week on Pinterest, I came across an adorable Tie Pot from Make It and Love It. I thought I would make my own eco-friendly version using an empty coffee can and newspaper. This tie pot has so many possibilities and is the perfect gift for any dad! Let’s get started!
What You Will Need:
1. An empty coffee can or other tin can
2. Spray paint. Remember, spray paint isn’t the greenest craft supply, so use low VOC spray paint, if you can.
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. Magazine pages
How To Do It:
1. Remove the labels from your tin can. Rinse your can out and then dry it.
2. Spray paint your can. I painted mine blue because my Dad likes the Gators (and their colors are orange and blue).
3. Cut out the shape of a tie from your magazine. I found a page that was orange and it went perfectly with my Gators theme!
4. Hot glue your tie onto the tin can like so:
1. Put your dad’s favorite candy in it like Make It and Love It did!
2. Place a plant inside. You’ll probably want something more manly than the plant I used, but it was the only one I had at the time. Also, make sure you drill holes in the bottom of your can to allow your plant to drain.
3. Put your dad’s office supplies in it:
4. Grab your dad’s small tools (or buy him new ones!) and put them inside:
What would you do with this cute tie pot? Share your ideas on our facebook wall or in the comment section below! Also, if you have your own eco-friendly Father’s Day craft projects, link them up to our Green Crafts Showcase!