What You Will Need:
1. An Altoids Tin. As I mentioned before, I used an Altoids Smalls Tin.
2. One junk mail envelope
3. Glue. If you can, use eco-glue!
5. A pencil
6. A black marker
How To Do It:
1. Clean out your tin.
2. Trace the tin on your junk mail envelope. I was going to use the white side, but after I saw the awesome pattern on the inside, I decided to use it instead!
3. Cut out what you traced.
4. Mix your glue with a bit of water (the same way I did in the Business Card Holder from an Altoids Tin post) and glue your junk mail piece onto the top of your Altoids tin.
5. Then, use another portion of your junk mail envelope to create a paper bow. First, I colored my envelope with my black marker. I’m definitely not a bow maker, but I did a large paper loop and then placed a small piece in the middle to make it look like a bow. My “method” is similar to this bow tie paper clips tutorial from How About Orange. You could also create a larger, fuller bow like this one!
6. Glue your bow to the top of your tin.
There are so many possibilities for personalization on this adorable tin! For the Altoids Smalls tin, you could put earrings, rings, or money inside. For the average size Altoids tin, though, you could put a necklace, small bracelet, or even a gift card inside! What gift would you put inside? Share your ideas in the comment section below!