Published on March 22nd, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell4
How To: Recycled Easter Bunny Candy Holder
I came across these adorable toilet paper roll bunnies on Pinterest and they inspired me to make an eco-friendly alternative to the average plastic Easter egg. Rather than putting your child’s Easter candy in a wasteful plastic egg, consider making a recycled Easter bunny candy holder instead!
What You Will Need:
1. A toilet paper roll
2. Book pages or other recycled paper
4. Crayons and/or markers
How To Do It:
1. Tape the beginning of your book page to your toilet paper roll (just like I did with the Toilet Paper Roll Valentine). Then, wrap the book page around the rest of the roll and tape it again. It should look like this now:
2. Tuck one end of the book page into the toilet paper roll and tape it like so:
Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect! (Side note: Don’t use a book page from a mystery novel or you might find the phrase “cold-blooded-murder” at the bottom of your innocent bunny!)
3. Insert your candy.
4. Tuck the other end of the book page into the toilet paper roll and tape it.
5. Draw and color bunny ears. Then, tape or glue the ears to the toilet paper roll.
6. With your crayons and/or markers, draw the bunny’s face onto the book page.
Now you have a beautiful bunny for your child’s eco-friendly Easter basket! You could even make a bunny family! This craft would also be perfect as favors at an Easter get-together! What would you use them for? Share your ideas with us!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!