Published on January 10th, 2013 | by Bonnie Getchell0
Upcycled Lid Jewelry Tray
I went into my roommate’s room a few days ago and she had her jewelry on a lid from a candle. I loved it’s simplicity, so I told her that I was stealing her idea, but making it a tad bit prettier! Here’s how you can make your own upcycled jewelry tray!
What You Will Need:
1. A lid of some sort. Like I mentioned before, I used a lid from an old candle.
2. Glue. If you can, use eco-glue!
3. Recycled Paper. I used an old phone book that I never use.
How To Do It:
1. Clean your lid.
2. Cut out your recycled paper. I liked the brown outside of my lid, so I just wanted something to go in the bottom. I had every intention of using the average phone book page, but then I saw this cool map in the front section:
I traced around the part of the map that I wanted, and then cut it out.
3. Glue your recycled paper to your lid.
Add some adorable jewelry and you’re done! What lids could you transform into jewelry trays? Share your ideas with me! Oh, and if you’re looking for some eco-friendly jewelry to put inside, check out this eco-friendly jewelry post from Feelgood Style!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!