Published on July 26th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell1
How To: Upcycled Vinyl Records Into Wall Art
My roommate, Crystal, had a blank wall in her room that desperately needed to be filled. She’s a musician, so naturally, we pulled out some records and upcycled them into really cool wall art!
What You Will Need:
1. Vinyl records. You can find records at garage sales or thrift stores, but you might even know someone that would give you a few from their collection!
How to Do It:
1. Decide where you want your records and how you are going to arrange them. We did Crystal’s in a straight line to add some width to her room (it’s a very long and narrow room).
2. Put a tack in the middle of where you would like to place your record.
Pretty simple, right? Here are the before and after shots:
Don’t they make a huge difference? Check out these other ideas for records:
- Make a headboard using records!
- Stencil on vinyl records to create a custom upcycled sign.
- Cut circle penants from vinyl.
- Apply fabric to your vinyl for cool art!
- Make a vinyl record bowl.
- Create a record border around your room!