Published on May 25th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell7
How To: Music Wall Art
In a few weeks I’m moving into a rental home with two other roommates. We’re all musicians, so it’s a no-brainer that we’re going to have lots of musical items/instruments to decorate. My head is spinning with ideas, so I decided to finally work on some wall art for our music space!
What You Will Need:
1. An old frame. I used one that I found at a yard sale.
2. Sheet music. (Are you guys sick of sheet music yet?) I used the same sheet music that I used in the Recycled Mother’s Day Brooch project. You could also use other recycled paper like book pages.
5. Any embellishments you would like to add. I added the words “music” and a bass clef heart that I cut out using an electronic cutting machine. For both I used scrapbook paper that I’ve used with other projects. As we all know, scrapbook paper is not the greenest craft supply, so if you can, opt for products like the Green Stack Collection, Eco-Friendly Recycled Scrapbook Paper, and Recycled Kraft Paper for Scrapbooking.
How To Do It:
1. Take the cardboard backing out of your frame. If your frame doesn’t have one, you can make your own out of an old box or pizza box.
2. Glue your recycled paper onto the cardboard. I added a little water to my glue just like I would with decoupaging– I feel like adding water helps me not waste glue. I got a lot of wrinkles, but I liked it because it makes it look old. If you don’t want wrinkles, smooth them out while your glue is still wet.
3. Cut off any excess paper.
4. Add your embellishments. Like I mentioned before, I used an electronic cutting machine to cut out the word “music” and the bass clef heart.
5. Put it back in your frame.
Do you have a musician in your life that you could make this for? I even thought about using book pages and using the phrase “create” or “write.” What would you do? Share your ideas on our facebook page or in the comment section below!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!