Published on March 30th, 2012 | by Bonnie Getchell3
How-To: Medicine Bottle Vase
I love having fresh flowers around the house to bring color and life to a room. This week I decided to create a vase out of recycled materials to hold all of those gorgeous flowers! With a medicine bottle and toilet paper rolls, I created a beautiful vase to bring the outside, in!
What You Will Need:
1. A medicine bottle
2. Toilet paper rolls. The amount you will need will vary on the size of your medicine bottle. I used 1 paper towel roll.
3. Spray paint. Spray paint isn’t the greenest crafting supply, so use low VOC spray paint, if you can.
5. Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Do It:
1. Clean out your medicine bottle. You can keep the labels on, but if you prefer to take them off, check out these helpful hints to make your life easier!
2. Cut up your toilet paper rolls into small squares like so:
3. Start hot gluing your toilet paper roll squares onto your bottle. I started at the bottom of the bottle and then worked my way up. You will want to overlap the squares as you go up the bottle– sort of like putting shingles on a roof!
4. Spray paint your vase.
5. Add beautiful flowers!
Isn’t it adorable? I especially love the texture that the toilet paper rolls provide around the vase. What other items could you transform into a vase? Share your ideas in the comment section below!