Published on March 27th, 2009 | by Jackie Hernandez2
Must Read Book List for Green Crafters
Inspiration abounds on the internet these days, but I still find great comfort in picking up a real book. I have loaded up the shelves in my craft room with some great reads for the beginning and green crafter. Here are my top recommendations.
- ReMAKE ReSTYLE ReUSE: Easy Ways to Transform Everyday Basics into Inspired Design by Sonia Lucano – elegant, modern ideas for transforming what you already own into something you want to keep
- ReadyMade: How to Make [Almost] Everything: A Do-It-Yourself Primer by Shoshana Berger, Grace Hawthorne – a basic primer for making almost anything from six raw materials: paper, plastic, metal, wood, glass, and fabric
- Button It Up by Susan Beal – tons of projects to make a dent in you vintage button stash
- Eco-craft: Recycle Recraft Restyle by Susan Wasinger – eco projects that look good and make you feel good
- Making Stuff: An Alternative Craft Book by Ziggy Hanaor – over 50 projects made with traditional and thrifted materials
Sewing and Fashion
- Sew U: The Built By Wendy Guide to Making Your Own Wardrobe by Wendy Mullin – 3 basic patterns for a thousand different looks
- Sewing Green by Betz White – 25 projects made with recycled and organic materials
- Rip It!: How to Deconstruct and Reconstruct the Clothes of Your Dreams by Elissa Meyrich
- Subversive Seamster: Transform Thrift Store Threads into Street Couture by Melissa Rannels, Melissa Alvarado, Hope Meng (the self-proclaimed Stitch B*tches)
- Printing By Hand by Lena Corwin – great book on the basics of printing by hand including tools and techniques
- Lotta Prints by Lotta Jansdotter – inspiring projects and patterns from an icon in hand printing
- Craft Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco – a must read for every crafter who plans to sell their goods for hobby or for a living
Do you have a favorite craft book? Please comment and share your book list with us!
Keep up with the latest in the world of green crafts by signing up for our free newsletter. CLICK HERE to sign up!