Tools + Supplies eco art supllies

Published on June 20th, 2008 | by Leslie Richard

Eco Art Supplies Exist!

eco art suplliesI feel like I just found a unicorn! Trying to find a one stop shop for eco art supplies is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Even if you have some earth friendly crafting supplies here and there in big chain stores, what we all yearn for is that one store that has a delightful eco minded collection and nothing else toxic to dig through. It’s such a buzzkill to have one recycled paper pad in a store full of stuff so nasty and smelly and noxious that I am hurrying out of there for some fresh air.

Before I rant anymore about how silly we humans have gotten with our toxic craft inventions, I think I shall go ahead and share this mythical creature I found. Eco Art Works! (Oh my gawd, I hardly know where to begin because this online store has such a cool and interesting selection, every single item is a green crarfters treat.) Eco Art Works crosses barriers between the artist, the crafter, and children to bring a full range of eco art supplies from non toxic professional watercolors, pastels, and paints to organic yarns, beeswax modeling clay, soy crayons and paper making kits. If you aren’t dizzy yet from this Bigfoot-like paper making kitsighting there’s even more, so hold on to your chair… They have basket weaving kits, recycled journals, hemp paper products, non toxic colored pencils and a flower press… yippee! At this point if this store was not just in virtual space I would be skipping down the aisles in amazement and completely giddy like we all won the non toxic art supply lotto. ‘Cause virtually, we did.

I think this store is a great example of what we are all working towards here at Crafting A Green World, this is where our dream store would begin.

Tags: , , , ,

I live and breathe everything eco , from organic gardening, organic food, to green crafting, minimalist decorating and nature made art. On an average day you can find me planting seeds, loving on my kitty, working on my eco fashion store The Oko Box (www.theokobox.com), and blogging about something green. I love promoting eco lifestyles and participating in changing the future, for a greener earth. xoxo

50 Responses to Eco Art Supplies Exist!

1. platonick says:

I was thinking it was more like finding a dragon but to each his (or her) own. Looks like an awesome store. I’m going to check it out. Thanks!

2. platonick says:

3. platonick says:

4. yoel says:

Hooray! What a find! I had just destashed all the non-eco crafty supplies I didn’t use, but now I may need to re-stash. Thanks for sharing!

5. yoel says:

6. yoel says:

7. Delia says:

Read with delight; THANK YOU!

8. Delia says:

Read with delight; THANK YOU!

9. Delia says:

Read with delight; THANK YOU!

10. That’s awesome! Are you gonna achieve that elusive euphoric state aka “Buck-wild?”

11. That’s awesome! Are you gonna achieve that elusive euphoric state aka “Buck-wild?”

12. That’s awesome! Are you gonna achieve that elusive euphoric state aka “Buck-wild?”

13. Hey Donovan!
    The answer to your questions is YES, absolutely. ;)

14. Hey Donovan!
    The answer to your questions is YES, absolutely. ;)

15. Hey Donovan!
    The answer to your questions is YES, absolutely. ;)

16. Becky says:

Such a great find– thanks for sharing!

17. Becky says:

Such a great find– thanks for sharing!

18. Becky says:

Such a great find– thanks for sharing!

19. Bree says:

Very cool! I just wish they had tape and glue. Is there such thing as eco-tape?

20. Bree says:

Very cool! I just wish they had tape and glue. Is there such thing as eco-tape?

21. Bree says:

Very cool! I just wish they had tape and glue. Is there such thing as eco-tape?

22. Tape is so not eco, i wonder how they could make it eco – i have heard of special non toxic floor glue for installing cork floors- maybe this can be made into tape too? FYI – tape isn’t gluten free either and for those with wheat issue it would be cool if an eco tape that was also gluten free was invented!

23. Tape is so not eco, i wonder how they could make it eco – i have heard of special non toxic floor glue for installing cork floors- maybe this can be made into tape too? FYI – tape isn’t gluten free either and for those with wheat issue it would be cool if an eco tape that was also gluten free was invented!

24. Tape is so not eco, i wonder how they could make it eco – i have heard of special non toxic floor glue for installing cork floors- maybe this can be made into tape too? FYI – tape isn’t gluten free either and for those with wheat issue it would be cool if an eco tape that was also gluten free was invented!

25. Oh my goodness! There goes my paycheck…

26. Oh my goodness! There goes my paycheck…

27. Oh my goodness! There goes my paycheck…

28. Bree says:

Oooh, I just found this for tape:

I’ve never seen it before, but it sounds like it could be an option (I don’t see any transparent tape though)…

29. Bree says:

Oooh, I just found this for tape:

30. Bree says:

Oooh, I just found this for tape:

31. Wow, thanks Bree – i never thought I’d see the day when eco friendly duct tape would be invented! woo!

32. Wow, thanks Bree – i never thought I’d see the day when eco friendly duct tape would be invented! woo!

33. Wow, thanks Bree – i never thought I’d see the day when eco friendly duct tape would be invented! woo!

34. Pingback: Junk Lovin Links: Trash People & Junk Trees

35. Mary says:

Thank you for this post! I have been looking all over for eco-friendly art supplies. However, I’m still on the hunt for zero VOC acrylic paints. I found some through Green Art products, but they only sell small tubes. Does anyone know where I can purchase acrylic in larger quantities?

36. Mary says:

37. Mary says:

38. Rob Crane says:

WOW!!! I didn’t realize there was such a push in the eco-lovin community for “green” art supplies. I have been making artist canvas for years and have always adhered to eco-friendly standards….. I only use FSC certified wood in frame building and the canvas is a natural cotton with nontoxic gesso. Its so nice to see people are finally coming around.
    If anyone is interested, you can visit us at http://www.canvasnc.com, email rob@canvasnc.com or call me at 864-498-3548.
    Rob Crane,
    God Bless

39. Rob Crane says:

Rob Crane,
    God Bless

40. Rob Crane says:

Rob Crane,
    God Bless

41. Hi Thank you soo much for getting the green art supply message out here!
    I am working to partner with green artists, collectors and art suppliers to create a non-toxic green art world please contact me all who are ready!!! you can blog me, redbubble me, facebook me and twiiter me!!! love-light, Nova Cynthia

42. Hi Thank you soo much for getting the green art supply message out here!

43. Hi Thank you soo much for getting the green art supply message out here!

44. Bonnie says:

Thanks for posting this. You made me laugh instantly too with the Unicorn sighting comment. LOL. :)

45. Bonnie says: