Published on March 25th, 2008 | by Victoria Everman0
Wanna Be On TV? Casting For a New Teen Craft Show
Crafter extraordinaire and co-host of DIY Network’s Creative Juice TV show – Cathie Filian – also has her own production company. With her fellow executive producers Greg Byers and Steve Piacenza, Cathie is on the hunt for teen/young adult crafters to show off their skills on a new craft show she is working on. Think you got what it takes (CAGW is sure you do)? Then check out the details below from Cathie herself on how to enter!
Casting Notice – Untitled Teen Craft Show
Our production company, Two Bees and a Pea, is casting young adult & teen crafters for a new “untitled” craft show. This show will be guest based – so you could be the star of the show. We produce Creative Juice on DIY and HGTV and this will be a brand new show.
We are seeking crafty guests from all over the USA and will begin the process with DVD submissions. The DVD’s are not for air on TV they are for casting purposes. Fear not if you don’t have access to a video camera. Just send a photo of yourself (big smile) holding or showing off your handmade items.
Here are a few guidelines:
You should have high energy and great style. Show off your style – flaunt it!
Your crafts should be current, hip, cutting edge – think Urban Outfitters, Anthropology, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, MTV!
You can make anything from room decor, jewelry, clothing, soap making, knitted and crochet goods, lip balm, art, etc. The most important thing is that you know your stuff and can explain how you make it in a clear and fun way.
The deadline is May 1st – 2008. Age range: Teens, Young Adults (28 and under)
1. Have high energy and be yourself. State your name, where you are from, how long you have been crafting and what your craft project is. Try to hold your project in your hand or have it next to you and briefly explain to us how you made it. You can show a step or two on how you made it you want.
2. Try to keep the camera as smooth as possible (using a tripod helps) and make sure you have lots of light so we can see you.
3. Fashion tips for the camera: Please don’t wear prints, all black (even if you are goth), white or red. Tattoos, elaborate hair dos, and punky attire are just fine.
4. Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes and should be submitted on DVD only. Tapes cannot be viewed. On the DVD please include your name, your craft, email, city, phone number and age if you are under 18.
1. Have a big smile in the photo. Try to hold your project in your hand or have it next to you. You can include a picture of you at a sewing machine or at your work station or in the process of making something.
2. Fashion tips for the camera: Please don’t wear prints, all black (even if you are goth), white or red. Tattoos, elaborate hair dos, and punky attire are just fine.
3. Photos should be digital, high resolution and should be submitted in print and on a CD. On the back of the photo and on the CD please include your name, your craft, email, city, phone number and age if you are under 18.
Please mail to:
Casting – Untitled Craft Show
c/o Cathie Filian
1531 Randall St
Glendale, CA 91201